Image Map

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Neeltje's Goose Egg..




The way Neeltje actually received this bump on her forehead is really funny. I know it is always funnier when you are there, but I will try to explain the best I can.

I was getting ready to go out for the night on a date with my hubby when I hear a blood curddling scream! With my kids, I naturally assumed it was the result of 2 children fighting and waited for the culprit to come and tattle about the going on's. It was Neeltje who appeared in the bathroom doorway and she was crying. Her hair was hanging in her face the way it always does, because she can't leave her ponytails in to save her life. When I finally got her calmed down, this is what she explained.

We had a sectional couch. She was standing in the 90 degree angle up on the back of the couch. What a great place to jump from, naturally. So she did. She was trying to jump to the arm rest. When she landed on the couch cushion, it was springy enough to launch her into the air and over the armrest. She landed head first in a basket that holds all of our Nintendo Gaming Systems.

I couldn't understand for the longest time what she was so upset about until she was talking to me and used her arm to brush her hair out of her face, and then I saw it! A bright purple goose egg on her forehead. She wanted to see it and when she looked in the mirror, she started to scream worse then she had when she received it!

1 comments:

Laura said...

Ouch! Poor thing...